Pages

Wednesday 9 September 2009

Feeling Sentimental!


Tomorrow my "baby" starts 6th Form College!
Where did the time go?
At 16 he now towers over me and exhibits all the usual male teenage traits - his use of the English language is now very basic, conversations consist of a grunt here and a ugh there and his bedroom, otherwise known as the "Cave", scares me, and I have to admit there are days when I haven't the courage to venture in.

Where did that sweet boy go, who used to come for a cuddle and like nothing more than snuggling in my bed? Now, I am nothing but an embarrassment to him, he walks at least 6ft in front of me if we go anywhere and I am now know as - "Mother, you're a freak"!
LOL ( if I'm honest I do work at this title - I love a good wind up!)

He would be mortified if he knew I had written this, but then that's part of my freaky nature! I have a reputation to live up to after all!
Anyhow, Jake if you ever read this I want you to know how much I love you and that I am proud of you!
Just make sure you work hard at college - no slacking off now! And, yes you know I'll make sure that you don't!

MumX (or should that be Freaky Mother!)

1 comment:

Keep It Sweet and Simple said...

Ah, the 'cave' - I know it well, and I have 2 daughters!! Mine are both at Uni now, but the draw of food and a washing machine brings them back regularly!
Good luck to Jake at college. And freaky is good - it keeps them on their toes... lol**
Caroline xxx

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin